Have you ever wanted to post your 3D models on a website for your customers to view? Or better yet – have an interactive 3D model where your customers can fully grasp your design? SOLIDWORKS allows this capability through 3DContentCentral via eDrawings. Below is an example of a 3D model.
- First thing needed is to create an account on 3DContentCentral or log in to an existing account (3D ContentCentral)
- Within the 3DContentCentral website, click on the Upload tab and accept the EULA to being the upload process
- Once your model is uploaded, you will be able to see it on your profile by clicking on the MY 3DCC tab and scrolling down to the Portfolio section
- If you click on your model, there will be a section labeled “Embed this 3D model in your Blog”
- Select and copy the iframe code from the box below the eDrawings viewer to embed the model on your website
- Paste this code onto your website and you’re all set!
The size of the viewer can be controlled using the width and height values within the code. Your model can now be viewed through the interactive eDrawings viewer, which also allows features like exploded and section views.
<iframe scrolling='no' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen='true' src='http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/external-site-embed.aspx?format=3D&catalogid=171&modelid=815212&width=250&height=250&edraw=true' name='PreviewFrame3D' id='PreviewFrame3D' width='400' height='355'></iframe><br/><a href='http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/download-model.aspx?catalogid=171&id=815212'>Download</a>
Now you can not only share your models with customers, but also allow them to fully interact with them!