When you upgrade the CAMWorks software to the next major version, you will also need an updated license file. Otherwise, you will get an error referring to not being licensed for this version.
The following guide will walk you through the process of requesting for a new license file and how to read it into the CW License Manager on the server.
Requesting New/Updated Floating License File on Server
1. From Windows Start, look for CW License Manager (CWLM) nested within the CAMWorks License Manager folder (Alternatively, you can access the CW License Manager from the default installation directory under C:CWLicenseManagerCWLicenseManager.exe).
NOTE: Before proceeding to the next step, make sure you have full rights to configure and update the CWLM (right click CW License Manager > Run as Administrator). If you don’t, you will see the following message at the bottom of the Status tab and you will be prevented from making any changes.
2. Click the Server Settings tab and then the Request Network Server License button.
3. Complete the Request License form. Any field ending with an asterisk is required information. If you do not know your 6-digit CPD serial number, check the box I do not have/know the serial number. Additionally, confirm that you have read the HCL Technologies private policy by checking the box below the window.
4. Use one of the options at the bottom of the window to e-mail the request:
– If this computer has Outlook email capabilities, click the Create E-mail using Outlook button and send the email with the attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
– If Outlook is not setup on the computer, click the Open in windows Explorer button and note the location of the file containing your information.
Then, generate an email, attach the file in the email, and send to email@example.com
5. Click Close to exit the Request License window and OK on the CAMWorks License Manager. NOTE: CAMWorks will not run until you receive the license file and activate the license.
Activating the License
6. When you receive the license file from Geometric (firstname.lastname@example.org), copy
the file to a folder on your server PC. The .lic license file must be on the same PC as
CAMWorks. We recommend you put the license file in the same folder as the
7. Run the CW License Manager as Administrator again and click into the Server Settings tab.
You will need to click the Stop License Service button before you are able to browse for a new license file.
8. Once the service is stopped, click the Browse […] button to locate your update .lic network license file. Then, click Start License Service.
9. Click back to the Status tab and verify that the information has been updated as follows:
– Authorization = Succeeded
– License Type = FlexLM Software
10. Click OK to exit the CW License Manager.