We are taking a look at how to quickly size objects being sketched and how to do it without error. Below are the steps you need to take:
- Starting in the sketch tab, we want to access the Move Entities drop down arrow and select scale.
- This brings up the scale in our feature tree.
- Next we need to select the items we want to scale either line by line or a left to right draw will work as well.
- Now in this image I have selected a polygon and want to dimension one leg.
- Next I need to define where I want to scale about so I need to select a point.
- Once my point has been selected I can then choose the incriment I want to scale , either up or down.
- Then seeing as I added a dimension I need to select the box marked COPY. If no dimensions were added this does NOT have to be selected.
- You should see a preview in yellow as to what the new size should be.
If all is well then select OK and TahDah. Instant scale. For more Tech Tips please check back and see what come next.