October 10, 2018
Idaho Bureau Chooses HP Jet Fusion 4200 3D Printer to Enhance its OfferingsJawstec started with a simple goal in mind; to create a simple process where you can get production ready parts for a fraction of the cost. They offer a unique depth of custom manufacturing and 3D printing services to a variety of industries including Automotive, Consumer Products, and Aerospace for both small or large businesses. With the growing demand for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) in recent years, Jawstec took it upon themselves to design an optimized drone. Unlike radio-controlled planes and helicopters, the product development varies in time and costs. Jawstec designed an enhanced drone with 3D Printing to make its parts stronger and lighter. The Jawstec team took it to open themselves to create a design that was more durable for the vast environment the drone would take flight in. They utilized HP Multi Jet Fusion 4200 3D Printer and Nylon PA 12 plastic materials for the parts. Their total design time took 18 hours with SOLIDWORKS and the total print time was 4 hours. The engineers' focus was to design a drone that was stronger and lighter, and with the HP 4200 3D Printer it weighed 200 grams lighter than the original drone design and increased its total flight time to 28 minutes. Jawstec’s design team was able to print up to 10x faster and reduced their product development costs by half. This wouldn’t have been possible without HP robust and accurate multi-jet fusion technology. Jawstec offers 3D cutting edge printing services using the HP Multi Jet Fusion machine. 3D printing allows for almost limitless freedom in manufacturing design and incredibly quick production. With Jawstec’s 3D printing, products are treated like works of art. Parts can be printed to an intense degree of detail that is difficult or impossible to mimic using other manufacturing techniques. “3D printing with the HP MJF 4200 3D Printer provides a number of advantages over traditional injection molding. The developmental and manufacturer of the Aero Hawk drone have given us the opportunity to see these advantages in action firsthand. Use of the HP 3D printer has allowed us to better use our resources, and adapt to the challenges we have encountered”- Philip Klassen, CEO/Owner at Jawstec
Why They Chose HP Jet Fusion 3D Printers?HP FUSING & DETAILING AGENTS
- Work with HP Multi Jet Fusion technology and materials to deliver fine details and dimensional accuracy.
- Every layer enables predictive corrections voxel by voxel for optimal mechanical properties
- Reported via a touchscreen help minimize errors and enable easy and accurate job progress tracking
- Complete, easy-to-use in-box software solutions that streamline your workflow from design to final part
- Streamline your workflow and reduce labor time. No additional room for parts removal needed
- Reduces cooling time resulting in faster time-to-part and more parts ready within the same day.
- HP 3D High Reusability PA12 —a strong, multi-purpose thermoplastic that optimizes cost and part quality.
- Accelerated materials innovation to drive new, high-performance materials thanks to HP’s Open Platform